Thursday, June 14, 2012

Visions Created.... Manifesting Material Money

In early January, I had to opportunity to attend a workshop by my life coach, Andrea Owen.  This workshop was about creating the future you want using a Vision Board to help creat this future. 

One of the key points in this workshop talked about the Law of Attraction.  In a nutshell this is the idea that what we think, how we act, we manifest.  If we have negative thoughts, negative things happen around us.  If we have positive thoughts positive things happen around us, very similar to Karma.

I flipped through magazines looking for pictures that reflted images of what I wanted to 'attract' for this upcoming year. I then cut, positioned, and pasted those pics onto poster board.

It's been about 6 months since I've had the opportunity to do this.  In that six months I've seen some manifestations start.

For starters: I've decided to start having a better relationship with my money.  If I compare my finances to a garden, my finance garden has been overrun with obnoxious, non-native weeds. I pretty much left my little money plants to fend for themselves.  This let the weeds start to take over. Soon the small weeds grew stronger, wrapped themselves around my money plants, surrounding, and chocking them out until one day the money plants disappeared underneath a thick patch of weeds.  

When I finally had to (thanks to my husband) walk out to my money garden, I found that I couldn't find my little plants.  I didn't evey know where they were, or if they still were still alive.  Each time I'd attempt to check on my money garden, I'd start to get anxious. I'd start to have that anxiety feeling that makes your palms sweat, your stomach do flip-flops, your deodorant have to work extra hard (luckily I wear prescription strength).  Slowly, ever so slowly I started to dig through the tangled mess of emotions I'd created around money.

I've come to realize that I assigned feelings to money.  For example, if I had money, I was happy -  if I didn't have money I was sad, nervous, with a scarcity feeling.  Through some really focused work, I'm finally able to stop assigning my emotional feelings onto money.

Just like an overgrown garden (which requires some serious work), I've been busy.  I've been metaphorically digging, weeding, watering, feeding, weeding, and more weeding through my emotions around money to slowly uncover a positive neutral relationship towards it.
In reality it's really rather silly.  I was allowing a piece of paper, or small metal coin to predict my mood and responses to money.  Money relationship is no different then the relationship you have with yourself, your partner, or friends - they all require loving attention.  If I treated any of these relationships like I was treating my money, I'd end up be a self loathing, lonely, divorced, bitter woman.

I'm happy to report that I'm no richer then I was 6 months ago, but I'm able to 'romance' and have a positive relationship to money.  This isn't something that is going to change overnight, but I'm loading up my toolbox with tools to help keep those sneaky weeds from popping up in my money garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment